Friday, March 11, 2016

The Bookshop Book - Jen Campbell

Book Details

Book Title: The Bookshop Book
Author: Jen Campbell
Publisher: Constable 2014
Source: Library
Page Count: Not Enough
Format: Non-Fiction
Genre: Bookshop Goodness
Spoilers In Review: YES!
First Impression of the Book: I loved it and I think every book lover needs to read this, it's a epic amalgamation of details of bookshops around the world, anecdotes about book sellers and insights from a lady who loves books!





Summary of the book (Spoilers :D)

Jen Campbell has written a book just for me. Well me and all the other book lovers out there who love searching every shop in town for those hidden gems that are books we don't have room for but just need.

The book will appeal to almost all readers young and old, it resurfaces old memories of books/bookshops in your past and makes you want to get out there and discovery new memories!

The general format of the book is small or large descriptions of book shops from England to Asia, these descriptions are often full of little details that make these bookshops places of wonder. Between these details there are Bookish Facts which tell facts and stories from the last two millennia including a great little piece about a bookshop that travels the desert on camels and many more.

There are also insights from leading authors all around the world including Jacqueline Wilson, Bill Bryson and Ian Rankin. I especially loved the photo sections and they make me want to drag myself of the couch and onto a plane just to see these places with my own eyes. (The main one being Livraria Lello & Irmao in Portugal; seriously go now and look!)

I could go on and on about this book, I've put about about 25 markers in my book to share with everyone on this Review but it's best if you read it for yourselves. This is not a demanding book, JC has put together a cool, easy read book, that you can pick up and put down at your leisure but you will definitely race to the end to make a Bucket List of places you need to see before you die!

9/10

  

No comments:

Post a Comment