Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Author Interview - Heena Rathore P.


Welcome to another Always Trust In Books Author Interview! I recently did a cover reveal for Heena Rathore P. for her upcoming new book, Deceived via Citrus Publishing. I have also been given the awesome opportunity to ask Heena some questions about her work, her writing habits and so much more. I am excited to read Deceived when a copy becomes available for review, but lets get to the Q&A for now!! Thank you for checking out this post and I hope to see some comments about what you thought about the questions!

About the Author: Heena Rathore Pardeshi is a novelist, novel critic, as well as a book reviewer. She is also an ace social media strategist and an acclaimed YouTube Podcaster. An award-winning writer, she has won several NaNoWriMos and JuNoWriMos since 2014.
Heena also manages her own book club, RMFAO on Goodreads.com.
A fan of crime-thrillers, apocalyptic fiction and slasher movies and series, she draws inspiration from the works of legendary writers such as Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Sidney Sheldon. An introvert and free-thinker, Heena prefers neatness over chaos - in her fictional themes as well as in her real life. She has a special place for German Shephards and books in her heart.
Heena is twenty-five years old and lives in Pune, India with her beloved husband, Vishal – a successful entrepreneur, in a house full of books, music, and love. Heena passionately creates vivid fictional worlds; some to read and cherish, and some to live in.

Links:



Book Synopsis
How well do you know your loved ones?

A young girl struggling to cope with the murders of her mother and five-year-old brother.
A journalist chasing the ghost of a potential serial killer.
A thirteen-year-old girl who slaughtered her parents.
And a revenge-driven psychopath who is about to destroy everyone’s life.

After 9 years, a young writer is still coping with the brutal murders of her mother and five-year-old brother, as she moves into a house of horrors, to start a new life with her lover. Will friends and family be able to redeem Ally out of the impending doom in time? Will her infallible love become the key to the destruction of her already fragile world? Will madness prevail over love; true love over revenge?

Deceived is a gripping psychological thriller that mazes through the deepest, darkest emotions of human mind through the story of a vulnerable girl who treads in the mist of deception bred from a long unforgiven betrayal. 

Links:

Now to the Q&A!! Thank you to Heena for taking the time to answer my questions and thank you to everyone who has taken time out of their day to check out her work in this post!


Could you tell me a little bit about your first two books, Sinister Town and Deceived?

Hi, Stuart. Thanks a lot for having me on your blog.

My debut novel, Deceived, is a psychological thriller written in multiple POVs along with a sprinkling of Journal Entries by the main antagonist who is a psychopath. The story follows two different timelines.
In this book, I’ve tried to give a glimpse inside the mind of a psychopath as I really feel that it is the one element that a lot of thrillers are missing on.
The second novel (the one I’m currently working on), Sinister Town, is a crime thriller with elements of horror. It is based on the concept of ritual and cult killings.

What attracted you to the psychological thriller/horror genres?

This is one question I never seem to understand myself. I guess I am just fascinated by strong unpredictable stories that leave me wondering what I would do if I’d end up in a similar situation.

I find the concept of survival quite interesting and, I think, that is what makes me so drawn towards psychological thrillers and horror genres and even apocalyptic zombie stories.

You seem so busy with all your current projects, how do you find time to write?

I’m terrible at time management. Thankfully, I have OCD and so I maintain a lot of journals and diaries to keep track of what I have to do every day. I write everything down, as I tend to forget important things and, more often than not, dates.

Most of the times it gets overwhelming, but no matter what or how hard it gets, I have one thing very straight in my mind, and it is that I have to write every single day. So when I have a lot of things to do and I can’t seem to be able to make time for writing, at that point I drop everything and write. It calms me, makes me feel a whole lot better and reduces the stress. And once I’m done writing for an hour or so, I carry on with other things.

Was it tough to build up a significant blogging presence?

Now that I look back, I do see that I’ve managed to have a significant presence in the blogging world, but to be completely honest, I never intended it or at least never worked on my blogs keeping that in mind.

My intention of setting up my blogs was to have an outlet for my creativity. I am, in general, a very unconventional person and my emotions always get the better of me. I know that I am a bit of a difficult person too. My complex personality makes it hard for me to have a lot of people around me. (Thankfully, my husband understands me completely and loves me in spite of all these things.)

I needed to have an outlet for my energy and I knew book reviewing was perfect for me as I read a lot of books. I started from there, and then eventually when I started thinking of writing a book, I created a separate blog to start writing and posting my pieces there. Initially, having no followers on the new blog gave me comfort because I felt like “I am posting it, but at least no one will be judging it.” But as the time passed, I started receiving followers and, after a time, compliments on my writing. That built up my confidence to go ahead with each and every step.

So I guess the main reason for being successful as a blogger, is that I did it for myself and because I loved it.

Who do you look up to in the writing world and what are your influences?

There are a lot of authors I admire, but I especially look up to Stephen King, Sidney Sheldon, Dean Koontz and Jeffrey Archer.

These authors have the unique and out-of-the-world ability to transport you into their world, making you forget everything else. They make you live and experience the story. Their stories are so intricate and real that you can’t help yourself losing yourself completely into them and their characters are so full of life that you can’t even imagine them to be anything short of real.

Have you read a book this year that you would like to recommend to us?
The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey. It is a beautiful, beautiful book. Also, The Grownup by Gillian Flynn was really good. It kept me thinking for a long time even after putting it down, and to be honest, it really creeped me out.

I see you have a fantasy series planned, could you give us some details about that project?

First of all, I must say that you have a sharp eye! Oddly enough I’ve not yet been asked anything about it. And I’m really glad that you asked this question.

I am a huge fan of High Fantasy genre. ASOIAF is one series I can die for. As much as I love the idea of my fantasy series, I am, on some level, eager as well as terrified of writing in it. The fantasy series I have in my mind is about a warrior princess, Princess Nymeria. She is a fierce warrior who lives in a world that is complex and cruel. I haven’t worked out the details yet, but there is going to be a huge central conflict, which is the central part of the story, and the various books in this series will be about the different phases, for a lack of a better word, of that conflict.

But this project might take me a couple of years (maybe even ages) to complete because I want to dedicate as many years as required in building the world for this series. In high-fantasy, world building is one of the most important aspects and I really want to get it right.


For now, I can just say that it is going to be a 6 book series and will have lots of gritty action and out of the world adventures full of dangerous elements and creatures.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions!

And thank you for taking the time to read this Q&A. Deceived is out via Citrus Publishers in February 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment